LPN DRUG CERTIFIED- SCRUB NURSE LABOR AND DELIVERY 7P-7A 0.9 FTE
Akron, Ohio, USA
REQ # 120154
LOCATION AKRON, OHIO
FACILITIES AKRON GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER
PROFESSIONAL AREA NURSING PATIENT SUPPORT
DEPARTMENT 9537 LABOR AND DELIVERY-CLEVELAND CLINIC AKRON GENERAL
SCHEDULE FULL TIME
The Licensed Practical Nurse - Drug Certified (LPN-DC) is responsible for providing direct patient care to assigned adult, geriatric, adolescent, and newborn patients in collaboration with and under the supervision of a registered nurse. The LPN-DC is accountable for the care he/she performs for patients. As expected for all employees, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for promoting and demonstrating the nursing caring standards and guest relations standards in the fulfillment of his/her role.
- Collects assessment data for assigned patients, including age specific physical and psychological aspects.
- Collaborates with registered nurse to plan care for assigned patients.
- Delivers direct care to patients as established in the patient's age specific plan of care, and case management conferences and according to established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Documents procedures performed, care provided to patients and effectiveness of interventions/treatments.
- Reports to the registered nurse changes in condition, symptoms and reactions of patients in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reinforces patient and family teaching.
- Safely administers and accurately charts medications according to established standards of care and policies and procedures.
- Monitors IV drip rates, IV sites for signs of redness and infiltration and reports findings to registered nurse.
- Performs procedures, including discontinuing of IV lines as directed by registered nurse and in accordance with hospital policy/procedure.
- Functions in a calm manner during emergency and crisis situations.
- Completes assignments according to patient care priorities.
- Adapts to changes in workload or assignments as individual patient or unit needs change.
- Communicates pertinent information to registered nurse for change of shift report.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation and internal/external disaster plans and procedures.
- Demonstrates accountability for completion of patient care assignment, seeking direction as needed.
- Assists other health care team members as needed to provide patient care and to perform related patient care activities.
- Demonstrates familiarity of unit-based and hospital QI activities and participates in QI data collection under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established and new routines, procedures, skills and equipment.
- Assists in orientation of LPN-DCs and other hospital personnel.
- Attends inservices, nursing grand rounds and unit meetings.
- Completes annual mandatory inservices, CPR certification and competency testing by required renewal dates.
- Participates in committees and/or nursing grand rounds presentations as appropriate; remains aware of activities of shared governance councils.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Current license to practice as a practical nurse in the State of Ohio. Drug certified by a program approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Satisfactorily complete/pass all mandated programs as required by policy and unit-based competencies/skills as required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Your application has been successfully submitted.