Registered Nurse- Adult Medical Step-down Unit
This job is no longer accepting applications.
New RN Graduates Apply Today!
Are you ready for the most challenging and meaningful work of your life?
IU Health West Hospital is a full service hospital located in Avon, Indiana. Just a few miles from IU Health’s downtown Indianapolis academic and research hospitals and Riley Hospital for Children, we serve the residents of the Indianapolis west side, Hendricks County and beyond.
IU Health West - where care is a relationship, careers are meaningful, caregivers are friends, and service is our privilege. Apply collaboration. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything!
We have exciting nursing opportunities in our IU Health West Hospital Adult Surgical Step-down Unit. Our magnet designated hospital specializes in life-threatening, emergent, and non-emergent conditions.
Our Adult Medical Stepdown unit is a 30 bed unit that consists of 28 adult beds and 2 pediatric beds. Our adult patient population consists of primarily medical patients including those with heart failure, stroke, mental health issues including withdrawal of substances, delirium/dementia, dialysis, etc.
Staff are comprised of both RN, PCA, and US. RNs collaborate on a daily basis with both our hosp8italist physicians and interdisciplinary services including physical and occupational therapy. We are currently undergoing exciting expansion work to continue to serve our patients and community.
- Requires an Associate of Nursing (ASN); Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Requires that the RN has graduated from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Requires current state of Indiana license as a Registered Nurse.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA.
- Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we’re home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
- Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
- A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
- With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
- At Indiana University Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
- Indiana University Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We’re looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Indiana University Health is the largest network of physicians in the state of Indiana.